Home Sweet Home

Home Sweet Home
It snowed, snowed, and then snowed some more.

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Our Day Off

Rogers job
On a ranch you never really have a day off because you always have to take care of of the critters. Ruffles and Mr. Rowdie really protest if they don't have their meals delivered on time!

After we get done feeding we will try to get everything that we needed to do during the week done in one day. Everything that breaks down needs to get fixed so that you can use it next week, and you only have one day to 'get r done', that would be Sunday - Our day off.

This morning I could hear Roger out back making a lot of noise, I didn't bother to look so I didn't know that  he had dismantled the entire front tire part of his truck. Now I will be honest with you, this makes me very nervous, because Roger does not have many - if any organization skills, so he usually forgets where all the part and pieces are so that he can put whatever it is he is working on back together. As hard as I try to overlook this tiny, and I might add costly little flaw, I do know that it is the root cause of the graying in my hair.

Organizing my parts.
Anyway after listening to the banging and the  colorful words for a couple of hours, I popped my head out the door and asked him to start a heater in the shed where the 4 wheeler is at. It was one of the  victims of the very rough country out here a couple of weeks ago. I had ordered the parts and pieces that the Suzuki guy said that I needed and he had ended our conversation with this very reassuring words, 'I don't think it is that difficult to fix this'. So I dress according to the job as I always do. I knew that there were 2 little bottles of black gunky stuff, which means rubber gloves up to my elbows that ripped on the first lug nut. As I walked by Roger he started to laugh, but I just though to myself, 'I'll just show him'! Besides I already knew that he would never get his project back together, he never does!

Those dang balls!!
It may have taken me several hours to do the job, but after I reassembled my parts in the reverse order in which I had removed them, my job was done. I only had one very nerve racking moment when Roger came in and started moving my parts around, but he could tell that I was getting nervous so he stopped touching my parts. I was stuck for a while when the little balls fell out of the round thing, since they fell out instead of me removing them I wasn't sure how to get them back in the round thing. This is when Roger thought it would be cute to take a picture of me all greasy and confused. I really have no idea why he said
confused, I actually spend a lot of time confused, that's why I am so organized!!!

Roger has a box of parts and a missing wheel.


No comments:

Post a Comment